"Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. " Billy Wilder
"Hindsight is an exact science. " Guy Bellamy

29 October 2011

Etching


I asked my wife to “Come and have a look at my etchings” to which she retorted: “Haven’t heard that one for a while!”
Etching + Photoshop, Image © PeteM2020
Learning the different printmaking techniques has been very enjoyable - pity I did not have more time to dedicate to it. The use of fine paper stock, combined with the tactile feel and  look of the final print, has great appeal to me. 

For the next stage of printmaking I would like to explore current photogravure techniques - combining digital photography with traditional printmaking.  Might be an exciting alternative to traditional wet darkroom printing. 

Let’s see what 2012 brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment