"Hindsight is always twenty-twenty. " Billy Wilder
"Hindsight is an exact science. " Guy Bellamy

15 February 2010

Curate's Egg

To paraphrase Oscar Wild – to lose one memory-stick may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two seems like carelessness. Net result is that day one’s artistic efforts are gone forever.

There was little else to do other than recreate my earlier attempt. At least the artistic concept was already established, taking some of the pain away. Here is ‘Shapes Mk II’:
To lighten my mood, one of my nearest and dearest on seeing my work expressed: ‘Good in parts, like the curate’s egg’. I remain deflated.

(A nervous young curate ate at his bishop’s breakfast table. Asked by his lordship whether the egg is to his liking, he is terrified to say that it is bad and stammers out that, ‘ Parts of it are excellent!’)



No comments:

Post a Comment